We will be providing meals at no cost to ALL students through October 20th. Meal choices may be limited due to availability and will not follow the published menu. Limited a la cart items may still be available for purchase. Adult meals will be available for purchase if food inventory allows.
Golden School Award
|The Florida Department of Education presents the Golden and Silver School Awards to recognize exemplary programs, which promote parent and community involvement in education.
The Golden School Award recognizes elementary, secondary and adult schools that meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 80 percent of the school staff participated in training related to school volunteerism.
- A school volunteer coordinator is designated for recruitment, placement, training and supervision of school volunteers.
- The total number of hours of volunteer service equals twice the number of students enrolled in the school. Any volunteer activity that contributes to student improvement may be counted. (Example: fundraising)
The Silver School Award is presented to recognize secondary schools that meet the following criteria:
- The school must have a school volunteer coordinator who provides coordination of the program, placement of students, orientation/training for the staff, student/program evaluation and student volunteer supervision.
- The school must have a volunteer coordinator who provides coordination of the program, placement of the secondary students, orientation/training for the receiving staff, student/program evaluation, and student volunteer supervision.
- Student volunteers and faculty must both receive orientation and training.
- The composite student volunteer hours must equal at least one half the total number of students (FTE count) in the sending school (i.e., 2,000 students – 1,000 volunteer hours.)
- Elementary schools are not eligible for this award.